GREEN KNOLL GOLF COURSE IS CLOSED!!!
Somerset County Park Commission Golf Courses Update
Somerset County Golf has a few updates on changes that are taking place going forward:
***With the restrictions and golfers opting for single rider carts there is a shortage of carts at some of the Somerset County golf courses. Please be prepared to wait for a cart or for carts to not be available for your round***
• All courses will have regular flags and holes (please DO NOT touch the flags and leave the flags in the holes until further notice!)
• Restrooms are now OPEN at all pro shops
• Putting greens are now open, but with NO cups
We will continue to advise as other restrictions are lifted in the future!
General Golfing Policies and Procedures:
Practices and Procedures at Neshanic Valley Learning Center:
- The 9-hole Academy Course will be walking only.
- The use of the skill honing areas at the Learning Center such as the practice range, short game area, and training holes will be limited to Learning Center members holding season passes only with necessary social distancing protocols in place (see social distancing requirements below).
- Learning Center attendants will be responsible to socially distance members and deliver ball buckets to members. Empty ball buckets will be removed by attendants so that members do not have to touch anything.
Sanitization Measure to be Employed at All Golf Courses:
- All high-touch areas will be routinely, and after each use, cleaned and disinfected in accordance with CDC guidelines. Such areas include, but are not limited to, golf carts, counter tops, door knobs, other common surfaces, range buckets and other frequently touched surfaces including employee used equipment. It shall be the Park Commission policy to ensure cleaning procedures following a known or potential exposure at the golf course in compliance with CDC recommendations.
- The safety and well-being of the Park Commission’s staff and all golfers is of paramount importance. For this reason, the Commission is committed to ensuring that all of its golf courses have a sufficient number of workers to perform the above protocols effectively.
Social Distancing Requirements at All Golf Courses:
- Park Commission staff, golfers, and all other individuals are required to wear cloth face coverings in all settings on the golf course where other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain, except where doing so would inhibit that individual’s health, or where the individual is under two years of age.
- Golfers shall at all times and, in particular, when on golf tee boxes and golf greens maintain appropriate social distancing by remaining six feet apart from others.
– Somerset County Park Commission Golf Operations
Green Knoll Golf Course opened in 1960 and is the first of the Somerset County Park Commission courses. It was designed by William F. Gordon. Other New Jersey golf courses by William F. Gordon include Rockleigh in Bergen County, Princeton in Mercer County, and Oak Hill in Hunterdon County.
A rolling layout with some slight elevation changes at times and a good mix interesting holes. Green Knoll plays at 6,443 yards and par 71 (36-35) from the longest of four sets of tees. Water hazards play key roles on the fifth, sixth, eighth, and 15th holes. The course opens gently with a moderate par five and short par four before golfers face Green Knoll’s best stretch in holes three through nine.
The dogleg right par-four eighth is an interesting test for golfers of all levels. Two creeks come into play with the first one winding in a way that it is a factor both on the right and straight ahead, causing most golfers to club down off the tee to avoid having their ball run through the fairway and into it. The second creek runs in front of the green and is about 20 yards short of it.
Green Knoll is located at 587 Garretson Road in Bridgewater Township, less than five minutes from Route 22. It also features a 9-hole Pitch and Putt Course (par 27), which is utilized as a driving range on weekend and holiday mornings. A golf shop and vending machines are available in the clubhouse, next to which is a large practice green.